Cathy O’Brien, Recreation Director
Rob Tefft, Camp Director (Summer Program Director)
The Youth Commission is operated by the Town of Lake George. It was started to provide recreational activities for the young people of the Village and Town of Lake George. Beginning as a summer program providing sport activities, crafts, special trips, and visits under the leadership of qualified adults, the program has continued these activities, but in addition has added many more programs. These additional programs include team sports of baseball, softball, soccer, football, as well as cheerleading, bowling, and skiing/snowboarding.
Additional information can be obtained by contacting the Recreation Director, Mrs. Cathy O’Brien.
To view video highlights of the 2015 Youth Commission program: https://youtu.be/EMrNKS-cxA0
To view video highlights of the 2014 Youth Commission program: https://youtu.be/NJk_g-S8Lr0
TRIP TO NY SOCCER GAME BEING PLANNED
Coach for Middle League Baseball Program sought
Recreation Center Concession Stand Operator Sought
The Town of Lake George is seeking proposals from individuals and businesses interested in leasing/operating the concession stand at the Lake George Recreation Center (ball fields) for the 2016 season. Ideally, the town seeks a commitment to be open during all scheduled youth commission games April through October. Proof of all necessary permits and approvals required. Interested parties should contact Vincent Crocitto at email@example.com for more information. Forms to submit a proposal are available from Wendy Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org Proposals are due March 18, 2016.
Scholarship Program available to assist youth
The Lake George Youth Commission Scholarship Program was developed as a way for community members to ensure that underprivileged youth are able to participate in Town Youth Commission Activities regardless of their ability to pay.
TO DONATE to the Lake George Youth Commission Scholarship Fund, please send a check made payable to the Town of Lake George to: Town of Lake George, Attn: Wendy Baird, 20 Old Post Rd., Lake George NY 12845. Please be sure to send a note stating the check is exclusively for the Youth Commission Scholarship Fund.
TO APPLY for a scholarship from the Lake George Youth Commission Scholarship Fund, please fill out this application and return to: Town of Lake George, Attn: Wendy Baird, 20 Old Post Rd., Lake George NY 12845.
LGYC_Financial_Assistance_Application w contact info
Advertise your business while endorsing excellent programs! Lake George Youth Commission is proud of its commitment to youth development programs, and your support helps make that possible. Please choose from the following options.
Team Sponsorship only $ 250. (one sport, one season)
• your company’s name and/or logo printed on the player’s shirts
• a team photo & appreciation plaque that you can display at your place of business
Summer Programs Sponsorship only $ 250. (one season)
• your company’s name and/or logo printed on 25 or more campers shirts
• a group photo & appreciation plaque that you can display at your place of business
Signage $ 200. (or $ 100. with Team or Summer Sponsorship)
• banner printed with your company name and/or logo
• banner is yours to keep after first year! (upon request)
• placed in a clearly visible location in area surrounding play
• 10% discount on regular registration fee for one player for one sports season.
• opportunity to renew signage sponsorship the following year at discounted rate of $100
The content of all signage must be approved by the town, based upon appropriateness to program for youth participants.
Player Scholarship (any amount)
• $47.50 pays for one sport, one season, one child
• $90 sends one child (entering kindergarten or first grade) to our summer Primary Enrichment Program (PEP) 6 week program
• $130 sends one child (2nd through 12 grade) to Summer Camp for 6 weeks.
• your donation goes to our Scholarship Fund, and monies are distributed based on financial need as declared on Scholarship Application
• your donation is acknowledged at a town board meeting (please specify if you wish to remain anonymous)
Sponsorship Application for Youth Programs